Business Analysis Fundamentals for Management Consultants
What is the aim of this course?
This course will help you drastically improve your knowledge and skills in business analysis through a series of practical cases. It is designed for people who want to become business analyst and management consultants, work in management consulting or do a lot of business analyses at their work. It is based on my 14 years of experience as a consultant in top consulting companies and as a Board Member responsible for strategy, improvement and turn-arounds in biggest companies from FMCG, SMG, B2B sector that I worked for. On the basis of what you will find in this course I have trained over 100 business analysts and management consultants who now are Investment Directors, Senior Analyst, Directors in Consulting Companies, Board Members etc. On top of that my courses on Udemy were already taken by more than 28 000 students.
I teach through cases so most of the lectures will be a case study showing some business problem solved in Excel. I will also show you main techniques used by Management Consultants to properly structure the business analysis. To most lecture you will find attached (in additional resources) the Excel shown in the Lecture, so as a part of this course you will also get a library of ready-made analyses that can, with certain modification, be applied by you in your work.
Why I decided to create this course?
The companies I have worked with so far as a Board Member (I am usually, Chief Restructuring Officer VP responsible for Strategy and Development) still have huge problem with proper analyzing intermediate and advance issues – they are usually preoccupied by current activities and have close to no time for analysis and strategic decision. Moreover, they do not know how to approach many subjects from the analytical point of view to make sure that they are taking the right decision. Therefore, quite often they hire consultants who in turn lack the practical knowledge and experience. This course is my small contribution to improving both consulting as well operational and strategic analyses in FMC, SMCG, B2B companies including also on-line models like e-commerce, SaaS, marketplaces.
In what way will you benefit from this course?
The course is a practical, step by step guide loaded with tones of analyses, tricks, hints that will significantly improve the speed with which you do the analyses as well as the quality of the conclusions coming out of available in your company data. There is little theory – mainly examples, a lot of tips from my own experience as well as other notable examples worth mentioning. Our intention is that thanks to the course you will know:
- How to structure business analysis so you get the right results fast?
- How to analyze different aspect of sales, marketing, operations?
- How to draw conclusions from those analyses – both for current operations as well ase strategic ones?
- How to be efficient in your work as a business analyst or management consultant?
- How to build Excels and Power Points so that it is understandable for you and your team, even after some time?
You can also ask me any question either through the discussion mode or by messaging me directly.
How the course is organized?
The course is divided currently in 5 sections and will be adding new section to address other important issues. Currently you will find the following sections:
- Introduction. We begin with little intro into the course as well as some general info on the role of business analyst – what skills, education, knowledge is required from you and what are the available career paths for you
- How to create a top-notch business analysis in 8 steps. In this section I will show you how to structure a business analysis so you get the results you want fast.
- Ceramic tiles market estimation – example of business analysis. In section 3 I will again show slowly 1 example of a business analysis from beginning till the end
- Improving the results of a cinema – example of business analysis – example of business analysis. In section 3 I will again show slowly 1 example of a business analysis from beginning till the end
- Tools. In the second section we briefly go through main tools and concepts for business analysts. We devote some time to the most popular ones: Excel an Power Point
- Sales & Marketing. Analyzing the market, sales activities and efficiency, potential for expansion are one of the most typical tasks set for business analyst. Here I provide you with plenty of practical real-life examples of problems and solutions
- Business modelling – example of analyses. On some occasion you analyze the whole business to see what is the logic behind. Here we show how to do for some of the business models
- Operations. Quite often the business performance depends on Operational Excellence. In this section we will show you examples of analysis form logistics, production, production planning, and other supply chain issues.
- Cases for training analytical skills – Market Estimation. This section will help you train your analytical skills using the market estimation cases
- Cases for training analytical skills – Sales and Marketing. This section will help you train your analytical skills using the sales and marketing cases
- Cases for training analytical skills – Strategy. This section will help you train your analytical skills using strategic cases
- Cases for training analytical skills – Operations. This section will help you train your analytical skills using operational cases
We will be adding new sections in the coming months
You will be able also to download many additional resources
- Excels with analyses shown in the course
- Presentation of slides show in the course
- Links to additional presentations and movies
- Links to books worth reading