Julia McCoy – The Practical Content Strategy & Marketing
Are you TIRED of reading a gazillion blogs for marketing wisdom?
Maybe you’re sick of trying to implement ALL of the tips and tricks – especially because you never get results.
…Do you feel burnt out and FRUSTRATED when it doesn’t work?
You’re not alone.
Here are some common struggles content marketers and strategists deal with:
- You find content creation, planning and publishing difficult.
- You draw a blank when it comes to writing on topics that will reach your audience and offer them REAL VALUE.
- You don’t know how to target your ideal audience and get in their head so you can create for them.
- You are missing some part of how to do the “SEO” part of content marketing. Do you really know how to research for high-ROI keywords?
- You’re confused about which tools to use, and how to use them.
- You aren’t sure how to build a brand “content strategy” from start to finish that the boss or your client will approve.
Is it time for you to STOP focusing on TACTICS THAT FAIL to boost your bottom line when it comes to content marketing?
…And accelerate all of the strategies that actually work?
This is not your typical course.
This is not simply about reading a textbook to get a certificate and a pat on the back.
What’s inside is an actionable program with very specific, outlined steps.
Steps for you to follow and learn from.
Steps that will teach you wildly profitable content marketing and strategy skills.
Skills that guarantee you will thrive.
Skills you can take to the bank, to earn respect from your boss or win even more clients with.
Inside each module, as you learn each progressive skill, you’ll complete a Brand Strategy Exercise.
You’ll have exclusive access to our private student community with on-call access to Julia and her team as you advance, getting the full advantage of our inside knowledge and professional guidance as you acquire each new skill.
What this means is that by the time you complete the course, you’ll have a completed, working brand content strategy! Use it in your portfolio to gain new clients, or create the strategy to enhance your own brand as you go through the course.
In just six weeks, here’s the action you’ll take:
Week 1 – Introduction & Module 1: Get Set on Fundamentals
- Get walked through the basics: industry definitions, how to set goals for industry success, an intro to the landscape and structure of content marketing today.
- Next, learn how to identify what makes you DIFFERENT (or your client, if you’re setting up their strategy) from everyone else with a Content Differentiation Factor, complete with hands-on exercises where you’re actually learning all the steps.
- Define your online topic area and how to come up with topic cores that your audience will CRAVE.
- Get clear with content ROI expectations, and see high-ROI content in action.
This is two full modules with video lessons, worksheets, PDFs, Brand Strategy Exercises and templates. You’ll be able to get through both modules inside a week if you spend just 10-15 minutes every day.
Week 2 – Module 2: Bridge the Audience & Sales Gap
- Identify and create audience personas for any target audience.
- Learn from hands-on video exercises how to build surveys to get real-time, valuable data about an audience you’re serving (and incentive for higher response rates).
- Learn how to use Facebook Audience Insights to build new audience data.
- Map your persona to the stages of awareness in the sales cycle, and learn HOW and WHY to create content that SOLVES PROBLEMS at the specific stage they’re in.
- Know how to utilize a sales team to nurture leads to get the information that will help you create valuable, profitable content.
- Learn how to create a brand content style guidebook that can direct content creation for ANY brand.
- Get an overview of the best email marketing tools and how to use them.
Grow your confidence with PDFs, cheat sheets, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 3 – Module 3: Know Your SEO
- Learn about defining your goals for inbound ranking and overall content success.
- Explore Google’s standards for content – find out why organic search is far higher ROI and more valuable to today’s search audience than paid PPC.
- Reveal the biggest mistakes in keyword research that you must avoid.
- Know how to conduct effective, in-depth keyword research, using the top industry tools. Plus learn why and how to choose an SEO tool to track ranking and ongoing positions.
- Watch as I demonstrate proven methods on how I find a MONTH of SEO content for my agency that ranks without question!
- Watch guest speaker Ryan West from SEMrush show you how to find a great keyword, and pull live brand keyword reports.
- Get in-depth guidance on all aspects of SEO keyword research, including geo-targeted location content.
- Learn how to check for important ranking factors and be able to immediately identify opportunities for low-hanging SEO content you can easily create for any client.
Strengthen your understanding with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 4 – Module 4: Build Online Authority
- Get to know what strong online content looks like.
- Learn all the nuances of how to build content that ranks high in search results for YEARS and how to maintain this authority over time.
- Skip all the strategies that DON’T work: in this week, we’ll cover only the keys of what DOES work when it comes to building true authoritative online content.
- Learn about the core content commitments and how to define them.
- Discover why one of the content commitments we discuss matters more than anything, and learn how to leverage that for long-term gain.
- Understand the importance of content structure, internal and external linking.
- Get confident with social media and how to combine the right social media platforms with the right brand (for clients you work with or your business).
- Get to know the benefits and methods of profitable guest blogging.
- Learn from Guest Expert Dan Levy of Unbounce as he shares secrets on how they built authority solely through blogging.
- Learn from Guest Expert Michele Linn of Content Marketing Institute as she explains how to lay the groundwork for business blogging.
Jump up a level with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 5 – Module 5: Create Content that Works
- Never get stuck for content ideas AGAIN with an outlined, physical content creation process complete with repeatable steps.
- Learn how to pull strong brand awareness topics for any brand.
- Use techniques from a web crawl to find questions readers are asking online that you can create content for.
- Get proficient on professional industry tools such as BuzzSumo and Hawkeye to identify trends in ANY industry to write about! These also make killer guest blog posts that editors will DIE for.
- Get to know buyer-focused content, and how to create content and find topics that match the stages your customer is in.
- Learn how to create content that fits both SEO purposes and brand awareness.
- Know the ins and outs of SEO content optimization! See live demos of content structured for success.
- See the anatomy of web pages vs. blog pages, and learn how to create content that ranks consistently.
- Learn about 10x content, what that truly means, and how to go above and beyond in your content for your reader.
- Become an expert at guest blogging! Learn how to get on the publications you want, how to pitch editors, and send in irresistible topics and content pieces.
- Learn how to optimize your content for conversions, and how to add “list building” to your content creation.
- Guest expert Steve Rayson shares how to build strong headlines and discover hot topics.
Make real gains with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
Week 6 – Module 6: Budget, Promote & Maintain
- Learn from Guest Expert Sujan Patel as he kicks off the final week with a lesson on how to promote your content to draw more eyeballs on it.
- Learn about social media post structure and how exactly to optimize your post performance for maximum brand exposure.
- Study the intricate workings of effective email marketing, best practices for writing, scheduling and sending emails to your list.
- Learn about setting a budget for content marketing and how to set realistic expectations for your clients.
- Streamline your hiring process to know how to recruit professional, reliable talent to your writing team to support your content creation.
- Ugly editorial calendars, begone. Find out the easiest tool EVER that’ll become your new secret weapon!
- Learn how to update your content for ongoing success (and why old content is your MONEY content).
- Know how to track and immediately see/report on content rankings to clients.
- Know how to set up a content plan for your clients.
- Learn from Guest speaker Dan Levy as he shares insights on the cost and return of 10x blogging.
- Learn from Guest speaker Shani Taylor’s tutorial on creating an advanced editorial calendar.
- Learn from Guest speaker Ryan West of SEMrush as he teaches you how to track your rankings and research competitor rankings.
- Lock in professional knowledge with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
- The Practical Content Strategy & Marketing 6-Week Implementation Course (Lifetime Access) (Worth $3,997)
- Access To a Private Mastermind/Community Of Others Doing This (Lifetime Access) ($1,997 Value)
- 1:1 Mentorship and Help from Julia McCoy ($499 value)